Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Monday, January 01, 2007

Alice & Joanne

Yesterday I had a lovely tea with Cerita, the director of the Siang-He school, and Myra. I have had a couple of new children join my Grade 1 class and learned a little bit more about them. One little girl, Alice, just moved here to Puzih because her parents divorced. She lived with her father for a while, but I guess he wasn't able to take good care of her. So, she is now living with her mother here, but things are still difficult because her mother is having trouble providing for her as well. Siang-He is helping this mother out by providing Alice with a very good lunch and free afternoon classes (which I teach). Alice has now been here for about one week and my heart just goes out to her. Please pray that somehow I can show Jesus' love to this little girl so desperately in need of it.

The other girl is Joanne. She has actually been in my class for a while now and I have found her to be just delightful to teach. Joanne is from Taichung, a large city about 1 1/2 hours from here. She lived with her parents in Taichung but they were too busy with work. So, Joanne would get dropped off at school and then have to get home all by herself. She would be all alone at home for hours at a time. Although addressed, the situation did not change so Joanne has been sent here to Puzih to live with her grandparents. The problem is, her grandparents are still too busy with work so Joanne still walks home from school (quite a little walk, I saw where she lives) all by herself and is at home all alone until her grandparents come back. Please pray for her safety.

Thank you!
Love,
Christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home