Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Sunday, August 20, 2006

This past week

Hello friends,
This past week we have been busy with a day camp held at the Siang-He Elementary School in Puzhi, Chiayi County. The school is one that I will be teaching in, and it has been good to get acquainted with the director, principal and some of the teachers.

Overall, the camp has gone well. I am leading it and so am doing the large groups which includes telling stories and leading songs. :) The team of English teachers here with me are doing a wonderful job in the small groups, keeping the children well entertained while teaching them English. At times I am not too busy, and at other times I am kept almost racing with the different questions, filling in for a small group, and doing a little one-on-one with a child! When the day is over, we pretty much just collapse in our lovely apartment before preparing for the next day. The camp will be held next week as well, after which we will ease in to our school teaching schedule, getting up to full speed the week of September 4th.

On Wednesday evening, my team and the TAs went out to the Chiayi night market! It was a fun adventure and I got to try eating a number of traditional Taiwanese food such as octopus, "stinky tofu" and pig blood. It was... interesting... to say the least! :)

The pictures below are from our trip to Tainan to see some Taiwnese history.

Today has been a lovely, restful day. We all slept in rather late, had breakfast, and then had "church" with just our team. It was so encouraging to share all together, to pray for eachother and sing!! After a few weeks without it (because we were busy doing camps 7 days/week) I sure needed it! Afterwards, Lauren and I took out our bikes and explored around a little bit, which was just a perfect Sunday afternoon thing to do!

I have now just finished cleaning up my room and posting pictures to this site and will close for now. Thank you all so much for your love, prayers and support.

Love,
Christy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Pig blood? That sounds scary. You are one very brave lady!

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a lovely area! Pity it's so hot. It sounds like you're keeping busy; I'm glad you have enough to do. Enjoy your week off next week!

April

11:25 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Hey Nicole! Come and visit me anytime!! I promise I won't make you eat pig blood... :D

Christy

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home