Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tomorrow is the first day of school!

Hello all!
Tomorrow is the first day of school! Being the first week, I think that I am mostly observing, but have been told to be prepared to do some teaching as well.

The last couple of days have been interesting; here are a few highlights...

...falling off my bike resulting in a trip to Emergency and stitches (wish I had taken pictures of Taiwan ER),
...having fun with my team making our living space more homey,
...meeting Myra, a new American teacher here to teach English as well (and she plays the cello),
...a lovely lunch party held at the school for the new English teachers,
...meetings with the teachers we will be teaching with,
...discovering that I have 36 first-graders for at least five of my classes (should be fun!!!)
...and right now, just busy planning lessons and gearing up for this school year!!

Thanks for you love and prayers!!!! I miss all of you and know that I think of you often.

"For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth." (Psalm 74:12)

Love,
Christy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week....except for the stiches part, was it on your head?
Luv ya! Jen

9:28 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

My chin. :)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Christy! I hope you can manage to stay on your bike from now on. 36 students sounds exciting. Hope it all goes well this week.

April

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be excited :) That's a lot of little kids, will you have them all by yourself or do you work in pairs? I hope your chin heals up quick ;)

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, that was me again, always forgetting to put my name :) Ruth

4:04 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

It is a lot of little kids, and I have them all by myself. :)

I just finished teaching them for today; it was interesting but I think that most of them had fun and learned a couple of words. Hmmm... now prep for tomorrow...

Christy

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home