Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tomato restaurant

In my attempts to blog more faithfully, I am hereby blogging. :-)

Hello everyone! I hope that you have all had a wonderful weekend! Today was back to work for me. I enjoy the children so much that it doesn't really feel like "work", though. Plus, it was a short day - I only taught for three hours in the morning and then spent my afternoon lesson planning, talking with the school director and responding to email. So good!

Tonight Myra and I went out to a new "tomato" restaurant. Apparently everything in this restaurant has tomato in it, but it was a little hard to tell because the menu was entirely in Chinese and none of the workers really spoke any English. Usually we do okay in restaurants because we know how to order chicken or beef, but we had no idea for this tomato restaurant. The people at table next to us had an assortment of things - tofu with tomato, tomato juice, something that looked like spaghetti, tomato sauce on rice, etc. We (ahem) ended up "ordering" by gesturing to what looked good on the table next to us. I'm not sure what the people thought (oops). The food was REALLY, really good!! I ended up with green pasta and chicken in a cheese & fresh tomato sauce with a side of fresh tomato soup. It was a large meal and only cost about $5 US for the two of us. So delicious - we've both decided to come back again and next time we'll know which line to point to on the menu!

My team and I were going to go out and play some volleyball this evening but sadly our ball is flat and doesn't want to stay inflated. We'll have to find another ball sometime. Some on my team are really good at volleyball and and we all want to work on our skill so that we can take on the other teams come winter English camp time. Fun times...

That's all for now! Thanks everyone for your prayers! It was a good day.

Love,
Christy

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Christy! (a little late) A tomato restaurant?! That sounds like something I could handle all right. :)

April

2:50 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Thanks, April! If you come and visit me, I'll take you to that restaurant! :)

Have a great day!
Christy

10:22 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Christy; you are so adventuresome on the food! Although tomato sounds pretty good, and seeing what other people have ordered is a good idea - I do that here! :)

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home