Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Taiwan Graduation


Last Saturday I was invited to attend the graduation of one of my student's mothers from medical school. She is to the right of me in the picture above together with her son (my student) Sam. I don't know her whole story, but she is a single mom (very rare here in Taiwan) and has worked very hard at her job, and then at school on weekends for years. Her children came with her to many classes. She's worked so hard to provide for her children and is very committed to spending time with them and I appreciate that a lot. She had no family to come to the graduation and so asked if I could be there as a "sister". They've come to church a couple of times. I love her two children and pray that they'd all come to the Lord someday.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Wow, stories like that are always neat. Congrats to her, and cool that you were able to be there for her. :)

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home