Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Sunday, May 27, 2007

With Sandy... and Hot Pot


Last Thursday I got a pleasant surprise - a good Taiwanese friend Sandy, and her friend Laura, came to visit! We had a wonderful time talking and laughing together. First we biked around for a while and discovered a new park. It was HOT (the "feels like" temperature has been 113 F the last few days) and this park had a fountain. We enjoyed running through it to cool off. We also took some pictures (above & below). Note my new shoes - aren't they cute? (Canvas shoes of all colors and prints are very popular here in Taiwan.)



After working up an appetite biking, we went out for "hot pot". Have a explained hot pot here? I don't think so. Hot pot consists of a broth (many choices of flavor) and a bunch of random things that you cook in the broth over a little fire. The random things are usually all the same no matter where you go - fish balls, taro, corn, cabbage, rice noodles, beef (or pork or chicken), an egg, and a lot of thing that I can't identify but taste good. I had a Thai Coconut broth and it was fabulous. I'll have to get that once more before I leave. Here we are...

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home