Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dim Sum


The last morning I was in Hong Kong we went out for Dim Sum. I never had Dim Sum before (yes, I know Jenni, gasp!!) and it was a fun new experience. Traditionally, you are seated and then waiters go around pushing little carts with small dishes of various and sundry "things" and calling out what they are offering. You can choose what you want to eat and they just mark it on a paper at your table. Our Dim Sum was not quite that traditional and we ordered ahead. Still it was neat. Some foods I had already tried in Taiwan, but some foods were totally new, like the little steamed shrimp dumplings and egg-roll-type things wrapped in a sheet of tofu and fried. Yummy. Anyway, here I am with the Hung sisters at the restaurant just a few minutes before heading out to the airport for my flight back to Taiwan.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

I've heard somebody around here talking about dim sum... have to find out where they go and then go try it! Sounds like fun. :) The closest thing I've done to that was eating at a place called the Mikado with a couple of my friends... but it's Japanese.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home