Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Another week...

Dear friends,
Another week has come and gone! Overall, this second week of school went quite a bit more smoothly than our first week. It feels like it last Monday was a long time ago, though! I suppose that as I settle into a routine the weeks will go by more quickly. My classes for the first part of the week went well. Lesson planning still takes me quite a bit of time to do it right, but slowly I am getting the hang of it. =)
The picture on the left is of two of the 1st grade homeroom teachers (there are three 1st grade classes at Siang-He), Iris & Sue. I teach English 5x a week to Iris' class. Iris & Sue were so kind to take all of my team shopping in Chiayi city last Saturday! My Chinese co-workers are GREAT to work with! This is such a blessing!
The Tropic of Cancer runs right through Chiayi county and we cross it when we go into the city. The picture on the right is of a building erected on the Tropic of Cancer. Kind of interesting.

One of the schools that I teach at, Bei-Huei, is right down the street from this building.

Some highlights from this week:
...having a huge and beautiful bouquet of flowers arrive at our door! (Although not for me - for a team member - I really enjoyed seeing them everytime I walk past them.)
...sharing the gospel with Myra, another English teacher at Siang-He. Pray that God would indeed send forth His truth into her heart.
...having nearly all the first grade students in the Bei-Huei school give me a hug. :D
...making chocolate chip cookies. Yum.
...running with Jessica & Ruthie.
...TWO hour bike rides!!!
...continuing Chinese classes. I like them!!

Some challenges:
...being energetic and creative in class. Well, not the energetic part so much, but the creative part. =)
...figuring out the expectations of one of the schools and trying to meet those expectations.
...working and serving as unto the Lord, not just for people.

Thank-you, everyone!

Love,
Christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home