Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Friday... Chinese classes and teaching.

Friday...
We started Chinese classes this Friday! Quite practical, we started off by learning our Chinese names. Mine is (phonetic spelling): Lien KeShi (Lien for Langemann, KeShi for Christy). Here is the KeShi part in the actual characters: 可思. I'll try to get my last name in Chinese for you on here sometime. We then learned about 34 sentences commonly heard around school. We will be tested on these sentences next week! This will take some practicing for me!!!

I then prepared for my afternoon classes and taught them; a 4th-grade Health/PE class - we covered the digestive system- and two 1st-grade classes. Fun, fun. After teaching, I frantically finished my lesson plans for next week and handed them in before leaving for the evening.

We all pretty much just collapsed in our rooms and went to bed early... somehow all of us were just drained!! After a sleeping for at least 10 hours, I feel ready to face today!

Love you all!
Christy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like a full week. Do you get Saturday and Sunday off?

Hope this week is going well. By the way, are you doing your own cooking there?

April

10:08 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Yes, it was a full week! And yes, we get Saturday and Sunday off, though we often go into town or do something on Saturdays. This week still has the same teaching schedule, but not so many of the "extras", so it hasn't been as tiring. =)

Yes, we are doing quite a bit of our own cooking. Buying food is pretty cheap though, I can get a really good meal for around 2-3 US dollars! The schools feed us a good lunch, so often I am not very hungry for supper.

Have a good day!
Christy

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home