Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Monday, September 18, 2006

Of chicken feet, and other things...

Howdy all!
Today's teaching went really well... thanks for all the prayers on my behalf!

On Mondays I teach all four morning periods, but between each period we have a 10-minute break and at 10:10 we have a 20-minute break. Imagine my surprise when a steaming plate of chicken feet was brought to me during my 20-minute break this morning! I don't think I have ever seen chicken feet off of the chicken before (yah, Jen, I know you won't believe it, but it's true)! How to eat? What to do? The crowd of schoolchildren around me grew and I will admit that I put off eating them until lunch time, during which I had all the teachers watching me eat the poor things. I actually had one of the teachers show me how (he was more than happy too:), and then I managed to screw up enough courage to nibble at it. Okay, it's just chicken, but I've never eaten anything that looked so much like a hand with fingernails. Ough. Patrick, my co-teacher at the school, took pictures so I hope to get pictures up here sometime...

Have a good day!

Love,
Christy

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! What will they think of eating next?!

By the way, have you played your viola recently? :)

April

3:04 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Who knows what I might eat next??? One of the girls on another team was served worms. I don't know if I could managed to choke worms down. :)

I have been trying to practice my viola at least 4 times a week. It's not much, but hopefully that will keep me in shape. I'm working on Brahms' Sonata #2. Maybe once I get into a routine I can find a teacher - that would be interesting!

Christy

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
Although I have eaten chicken feet I don't care to have them again :-)
Good job on working up the courage to try them!!! I too hope you never have to try worms.... :-)

Jen

11:08 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

It's Jen! Hi! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :D

Christy

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home