Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Friday, December 22, 2006

Beginning of Dec. - Taipei

Time flies so quickly and it's been nearly a month since I have updated this blog. Lots has happened in this past month and so... here goes!!

We started off December with a wonderful retreat in Taipei for all of the King Car (our Taiwanese sponsoring organization) teachers. It was incredibly encouraging to meet up with all the teachers and reconnect with those that I worked with during the summer English camps. We enjoyed times of worship and Bible study together as well as shopping and eating at Chili's (yes, there's one in Taipei - I also saw a Macaroni Grill there and wished I could have eaten there too because that's probably my favorite restaurant back home). I was especially grateful to meet the Chen family who head up the IBLP Taiwan office. Their oldest daughter, Karen, took me out to Starbucks where she shared some much-needed words of wisdom as we savoured mochas.

Here is a picture from the Taipei 101 building. Taipei 101 is the tallest building in the world and also has the fastest elevator in the world. I travelled up to the top with friends Rachel and Lauren C, along with a couple of Teacher Assistants (Bella & Grace) that we met at the summer camps. Fun, fun.

I didn't get much sleep that weekend, between going out with friends and then being in team leader meetings and meetings with King Car, but I was refreshed in spirit. The weekend really helped me to see that I and my Chiayi team are part of a much bigger group and that we all have a common purpose of bringing Christ's light to the lost of Taiwan. I am reminded that all of God's children around the world are part of His Kingdom and everyone has a vital part in God's plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home