Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ramblings...

It's Saturday. Ahhh....

I have a cold, too, so it has been so lovely to have a day to rest.

Last night Myra and I went to the Tomato restaurant again. This time I had the green noodles with a beef sauce and it tasted like something from home. We shared an order of tofu with tomato and it was REALLY excellent! I will definitely order that again. It was simply chilled tofu with what tasted like homemade fresh salsa on top - tomato, onion, cilantro, etc. I wonder if I can buy a container of that fresh tomato sauce. I wonder how I would ask in Chinese... =)

So today I slept in until about 11:00 (gasp!), had my quiet time in bed, made some hot lemon drink and sipped that in bed and ate breakfast in bed, too. I finally dragged myself out of bed and over to my computer, where I was really happy to talk with Mom online. Then I thought about lesson planning as I read friends' blogs, read email and looked through pictures over the past 1/2 year. The thinking about lesson planning actually turned to productive work and I planned out about five lessons for next week. I still have to finish planning four more, but it's almost done!

I did manage to get outside and go for a walk today. I also managed to do a load of laundry. Hopefully I'll manage to get some viola practicing in as well before I make another cup of hot lemon drink and crawl back to bed. =)

This morning I read Titus 2. It's such an excellent chapter, and I was glad for the reminder in verses 9-10: "Exhort servants to be obedient to their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again; not purloining, but showing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things." This word 'adorn' means "to put in proper order" or "to decorate". Very interesting. As I show love by being an obedient servant to those above me, God's teaching - His doctrine - is evident by its proper order in my life. Those are just some thoughts - anything comments, friends?

Well, I hope that you all are well! Hopefully with a good sleep, together with a good dose of vitamin C, echinacea, zinc, and oregano oil, I'll be back up and running tomorrow!!

Much love from,
Christy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Christy! I hope you're feeling better.

April

12:04 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Christy; sorry to hear you were sick! I ended up with a really bad cold too for about two days. Missed two afternoons of work, because I showed up really sick and my coworkers told me I was too sick to be here and sent me home. :) Glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself, though!

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home