Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shiao Pengyo...

Today I went to Dulishan (a mountain) with the a family I have gotten to know both through school and church. Another family joined them and we had a lovely and lively time together!

Here I am with Betty the clown. At the time of this picture taking I felt like I was literally dripping - it was SO hot and humid today and I had just gone up what seemed like a gazillion stairs. This is about 1/3 of the way up and already the view was making it worth it. =)


This is Betty's little sister, Lillian. She is the sweetest little lady! About 1/2 way up the mountain there was a little ice-cream stand set up. We all really enjoyed it (especially me, who hadn't had mint chocolate chip for almost a year). Note the bang trim Lillian gave herself... it's growing out now. Little girls aren't that much different here in Taiwan from some other little girls I know...



The other family who joined us has 7-year-old triplet boys and boy (oh boy, oh boy) do they ever have a lot of energy. Here I am "resting" with the three boys, Betty and the triplet's mother. I hardly saw them because they were so far ahead of everyone most of the time.

Oh, and if you were wondering, "Shiao Pengyo" means small friend(s).
"Ta men shi wo de shiao pengyo." (They are my small friends.)

Ni yao shi wo de pengyo ma? (Do you want to be my friend?)
Yo, shie shie ni. (Yes, thank you)
Hao! (Good!)
Ni shihwan zuo shi shen ma? (What do you like to do?)
Wo shihwan chu papashan. (I like to go climb mountains.) Ni de? (And you?)
Wo shihwan shi wan! (I like to wash dishes!)
Jen de ma? (Really?)
Jen de. (Really.)

Okay, I'll stop now. =) I REALLY enjoy Chinese study and now know all the letters of the Chinese phonetic alphabet. Whoo hoo! Now for memorizing characters....
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

Wow, good work on the Chinese! Is it easier learning it when you are hearing it all the time, or do they speak so fast it doesn't matter? I've picked up bits of Cree and Ukrainian here from editing documents that have portions in those languages, but not at a lot! :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Yes, I think it is much easier to learn when hearing it all the time, especially for me because I am an auditory learner. Usually they speak pretty quickly, but I can pick out words here and there. It's still fun, though! I hope to continue my Chinese study even when I am not in Taiwan.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home