Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Friday, April 06, 2007

Trip to Taichung

Today I travelled up to Nantou County with some of my students' families. The day started off at 7:15 as we loaded a tour bus rented for the occasion. There was some discussion as to which student I would sit next to on the trip, but things peacefully settled with a 2nd-Grader, Mei, next to me, and a 4th-Grader, Julia, right behind me. They made sure that I didn't go hungry for the 2 hour bus ride to near Taichung. =)

Our first stop was a Taiwanese Cultural and Historical Museum. Here I am in front of it (of course, I couldn't take pictures inside and it was VERY interesting). Probably the most interesting for me was seeing a pair of tiny shoes - not longer than 3 inches - that used to be worn by women when foot-binding was still practiced. Gladly, it is not longer a custom, but there are still some old women who remember those days.



Our next stop was a circus!! I haven't been to a circus before and rather enjoyed this performance of amazing acrobatics. I wasn't sure if I could take pictures or not, but because no one else was I decided to turn off my flash in case I wasn't supposed to. Because I didn't have my flash on my pictures didn't turn out. Oh well. It was pretty cool. Below is one of my favorite fourth-graders, Julia.



After a good lunch of various things (I'm not sure what all of them were) we traveled to a "famous" bike trail. The picture below is of one of the families (the girl in the back is another fun fourth-grader of mine). As you can see, it was raining so we were all decked out in yellow ponchos! We rented bikes and had a lovely time biking the trails, in spite of the rain.


As we biked, I spied a mulberry bush. I hadn't seen one before and thought I'd take a picture in case you hadn't either. Mulberries are in season right now are are quite delicious!



After biking, we loaded back into the bus and headed home. My host family invited me to their home for a yummy dinner of dumplings and egg-drop soup. They shared that they were Believers of a year, and so we had a good time sharing together what God has done. What a perfect way to end Good Friday! God truly has done much for me and you and I am forever grateful!

Love,
Christy
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Way aka the Koala Mom said...

I've heard of mulberries but never seen a bush either, so that's cool. How neat to meet a family of Christians! It's like finding family where you didn't expect them, isn't it? Happy belated Easter to you!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home