Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

An Update!

"We please God most, not by frantically trying to make ourselves good, but by throwing ourselves into His arms with all our imperfections and believing that He understands everything - and loves us still." A.W. Tozer

God is so good!! I'm so glad to be His!

And now for a long-overdue update:

Right now I'm back in Edmonton for the summer, working at Computronix, and living at my friends, the Tuplin's. It's been a fun summer so far; here are some highlights (in chronological order):

- Joshua's wedding (there are pictures at www.xanga.com/hqshutterbug & at http://picasaweb.google.com/thegreatcanadianadventure/JoshNErinWedding)!

- Banff/Canmore trip with our fantastic friends from Colorado!! Yay, what fun memories of hiking in the rain, caravaning with all our large vans, eating, taking pictures, playing telephone charades, and enjoying the fellowship of believers through it all.

- Visiting my Oma & Opa in Vancouver

- Relaxing at my Grandma & Grandpa's in Saskatchewan - where I managed to sleep about 10 hours every night. "Lo, he giveth his beloved sleep", right?

- Driving up to Edmonton with my Dad - I'm so grateful for his love and leading in my life.

- Starting back at work at Computronix! After a two-year break, it's been good to get back into working again. This summer I have been part-time on reception - so if you call Computronix you have a pretty good chance of hearing my voice answer - and the rest of the time on various tasks that Heather Tuplin (my supervisor) gives me. Currently those "various tasks" include researching & figuring out the trademark process, updating the Tech Support manual, and processing registrations for an upcoming client conference. Last week, while working on updating the Tech Support manual, I learned how to put together an internet cable AND IT WORKED!! I felt rather accomplished.... :D

- Living at the Tuplin's home. It has been a unique blessing to be living in the home of some dear friends in Edmonton. The Tuplins have two daughters at home and one of them is about to be married this Saturday! As you can imagine, there has been a lot going on, and I've been encouraged by the Tuplins' Godly responses to all the unexpected "little" things that come up. They manage to keep a home that is solidly centered on God and hearts that are open to Him and tender with each other. I'm so grateful for the friendship of the Tuplin sisters (and mother, and father)!! Heather and I have enjoyed (when there is time in the midst of the busyness) going for walks and exercising in the evening. They also have a gorgeous backyard of flowers and garden. I'll have to post some pictures on here sometime.

- Attending the Tuplin's church - Meadowlands Baptist - has also been a special gift for this summer. I appreciate the teaching that is solidly rooted on God's Word and have enjoyed playing along with the orchestra on Sunday mornings.

Tonight I just came back from a fun evening with some of the young people at the church. We had a barbecue and then played ultimate frisbee for an hour or so. Yes, I actually played (I actually had the frisbee in my hands maybe five times)!! :D It's been neat to meet others who have a desire to serve the Lord with their whole hearts.

I'm here in Edmonton for another six weeks or so and then it's back down to Denver to be with my family!! I look forward to life with the family and seeing all of the dear Coloradoan friends again.

God be with you all!
Love,
Christy

2 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Thanks for the great update, Christy! It is neat to me that I can visualize where you are staying - at the Tuplin's house; since Ryan, Madeleine, and I stayed there for a week when Maddie was just 6 weeks old! :) Look forward to seeing you in about 6 weeks.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! It was tons of fun to be up in Canada with you for Josh's wedding! Fun memories... :D Hilarious ones too, I must add. Hope to see you soon!

Sarah

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home