Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

People I meet

Today was Tuesday, and I thought I'd tell you a little bit about some of the people that I worked with/met today at the Bei-Huei school:

Johnson: Johnson is the director of the Bei-Huei school. He picks me up on Tuesday mornings at about 9:00 a.m. Driving with him is crazy.... imagine zooming down the freeway at 40 kms above the speed limit, him excitedly talking in Chinese using his hands to punctuate, all the while weaving in and out of traffic, occasionally using the moped lane! Aaaack! I'm amazed I'm still alive! It's actually pretty fun, though. He loves it when I practice my Chinese on him; when we get to the office he tells everyone what I can say. :)

Wenny: Wenny takes care of me at the Bei-Huei school. About 6 months pregnant with her second boy, she is always trying to make sure that I am happy and comfortable. She often brings me a mango "bing-sha" (shaved ice) during a break. During my upper-grade classes, she sits in and makes sure that the Ss behave.

Anne: Anne is the homeroom teacher for the second grade in the Bei-Huie school. This morning she brought me a bag full of pummelos - they are traditionally eaten right around the "moon festival" which is coming up soon - and a card that says "Hi! Dear Christy, Nice to meet you. I am so happy that you can come to our school. You are a beautiful and nice teacher. My English is very poor. Please don't laugh at me. Happy Moon Festival! Anne." Anne's English is actually pretty good - I'm not laughing.

Jenny, Sanny, and Ainne: These three 5th graders are my shadows. They love to just be around me, smile, and practice their English. In class they sit right near the front and are always quick to raise their hands and answer my questions. I love these girls!

Liga: I just met Liga today. She is a Chinese English teacher and is really, really nice. She says that if I ever want to go hiking in the mountains to call her up and we will go together. I think I'll take her up on that offer!!

Phong: Phong drives me home from the Bei-Huei school. Every time that I have been at the school he has bought me an iced green tea during one of the breaks. He doesn't speak any English so again, it's a good time for me to practice my Chinese. He's very patient with me and lets me say a word over and over again until the pronunciation is correct.

And of course, my students!!! Oh, I just love teaching them! =)

Christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home