Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Meiling

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I am glad to report that I am feeling much better from my cold! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Today was a "family" day, and I enjoyed a trip around Chiayi County with a student's family. We started off the day by heading up to Meiling, an area famed for its beautiful flowers. Here are some pictures:
We ate lunch in Meiling as well. Here is part of my lunch and guess what? You eat the whole thing, crunchy legs & eyes and all! They actually tasted really good and I managed to down five or six of the fresh river shrimp.

We then went to a "farm", where the children had fun feeding goats, cows and ostriches. There was some big open space as well where they could run around and play.



My little "hosts", Joy, a first-grader, and her 5-year-old brother, Eric.

A few more stops to eat various traditional food and we were home! 'Twas a fun day.

Hope you all are well!

Much love,

Christy

1 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

You are so adventurous, Christy, to try all of those new-to-you foods. But I'm glad you're adventurous, because maybe this will be your only opportunity to eat foods like this, so I say go for it. I would!

I love the first flower photo - so beautiful! I love pink. And the ostrich neck and head is funny! Don't ostriches have the funniest-looking faces? Weird. Anyhow, cute little hosts there. Take care of that cold! -Erika

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home