Christy's Lovely Life

I love my dear Lord and Saviour and following where He leads. It's been quite a life of adventure - from Canada to the States to Asia and back to North America. We'll see what the next adventure will be! Feel free to leave comments!! Grace and peace to you from our Father above, the Giver of all good and perfect gifts! Love, Christy

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Teaching and Uno

Hello everyone!
Another week has sped by, and it is high time I posted here again!
After a lovely weekend spent with students' families I had a good week of teaching and lesson planning. My team of young ladies continues to be a blessing to me, and we all are settling into our routines.

I have really enjoyed playing Uno after school with students while they wait for their parents to pick them up. The children LOVE to play, and it gives me more of an opportunity to get to know them individually. They now beg to play Uno whenever they see me outside of the classroom. I was shopping in town today and saw a student; when he saw me he cried, "Teacher!! Uno!!" =)

Here's a verse that has encouraged muchly this week:
"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." (Zeph 3:17 )


I love you all and am so grateful for your friendship!
Christy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christy! I'm glad you're settling into your routine. Are you teaching just English to your kids, or are you responsible for other subjects as well? By the way, why do all my Asian friends have such beautiful penmenship? Is it because of teachers like you?

Have a beautiful Sunday!
April

11:10 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Christy! So glad things are going well for you... sounds like such an amazing opportunity. Give yourself a hug from Mom and I... we love you!

~Meredith

12:31 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

April, thanks for your comment! For most of my classes I am teaching just English (of course, I always try to think of activities to make the English learning more interesting); for a few of my classes I am teaching PE and Humanities. These pose a little more of a challenge because I have to think of ways to explain what I am teaching in simple English. Fortunately I co-teach those classes to my co-teacher can help me out!! :)

My own thoughts on the Asian's beautiful penmanship is that they have already had to master some fine motor skills to be able to write the Chinese characters at a young age. They are therefore able to control their English penmanship that much better. I wish I could take the credit though... :)

Meredith!!

Thank you so much for the note and "hug!" I think and pray for you and your Mom often - here's a hug back! Love you, Christy

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home